Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Sad Confused with Josh Horowitz

Earlier this month Josh Horowitz tweeted about his conversation with Eddie Redmayne and today he published the whole podcast on his site as a part of his star interview series.





It's award season and Eddie Redmayne might be the actor who ends up with an Oscar in his hands for his tour de force performance as Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything. The delightfully charming and talented British actor joins Josh to talk about what he learned from being a part of Les Miserables, his role in the upcoming Wachowskis space opera film Jupiter Ascending, how he prepared to play Stephen Hawking, and his not so good Star Wars & The Hobbit auditions. (source)




“Recently my ‘Star Wars’ audition was pretty catastrophically bad. There’s this wonderful casting director called Nina Gold, who I absolutely love,” Redmayne said. “I went in and did this scene, and after seven times of trying to play… [Gold] was like, ‘Got anything else, Eddie?’ I was like, ‘No, I want out.’ ‘I think we’re going to have to agree to part on this one.’ I said, ‘Ok, that’s a childhood dream crushed.’ ”
It’s OK, Eddie. Maybe an Oscar will help console you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation