Thursday, September 17, 2020

Gifs from the teaser of The Trial of the Chicago 7


I shared the trailer in my previous post with a few screenshots and now
I continue by recalling some Sorkin quotes and sharing the gifs I made.


When I saw this footage in The Trial of the Chicago 7 trailer I remembered what I read
in an Aaron Sorkin interview. Tom Hayden and Abbie Hoffman (Sacha Baron Cohen) 
hated each other at the beginning and ended up after the trial like brothers. Eddie plays 
Tom, who in a climactic scene, blows up when Abbie asks him, “What’s your problem 
with me?” Tom says: "My problem is, that for the next 50 years when people think of
progressive politics, they're going to think of you. They're going to think of you and
your idiot followers passing out daisies to soldiers and trying to levitate the Pentagon. 
They're not going to think of equality or justice, they're not going to think of education
or poverty or progress. They're going to think of a bunch of stoned, lost, disrespectful, 
foul-mouthed, lawless losers. And so we'll lose elections." The development of their
friendship will be very important and interesting in the movie. 


“two people who didn’t get along very well at the beginning and
came to have a lot of respect for each other.” Aaron Sorkin


Cast: Sacha Baron Cohen, Eddie Redmayne, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, 
Yahya Abdul Mateen II, Jeremy Strong, Frank Langella, Mark Rylance,
John Carroll Lynch, Ben Shenkman, Alex Sharp, Michael Keaton...

In select theaters September and on Netflix October 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation