Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Omega Aquaterra shades launch



OMEGA hosted a special event for the Aqua Terra Shades collection at Somerset House in London
on March 22, 2023. Brand ambassadors Zoë Kravitz, Zhou Dongyu, and Eddie Redmayne arrived
as the evening’s special guests and helped to add even more style to a pure night of glamour.

Zhou Dongyu, Eddie Redmayne, Zoe Kravitz (Cr.: Omega Watches)

They have all starred in the Aqua Terra Shades campaign, “Every Shade of You”, showing how
colour can define their style. At the London event, they joined OMEGA's President and CEO,
Raynald Aeschlimann, on stage to discuss the unique timepiece designs. (omegawatches.com)


“Zoë, Zhou, and Eddie are the perfect role models for personal style.”
Raynald Aeschlimann, President and CEO of OMEGA



Eddie reunited with his Fantastic Beasts co-star Zoe Kravitz (1) (2)



“I’ve been really trying to re-embrace the fact that red carpets are theatre and that you
can enjoy them,” he says, sitting on the top floor of Omega’s Her Time townhouse.
“One of the wonders of our job is playing dress-up, and it's one of the reasons
you get into acting when you're a kid. I’ve always been riveted by fashion.”

... He’s a seasoned regular on global best-dressed lists for fuss-free tailoring, but
his recent award season looks have seemingly levelled up. Traditional black tie has been
replaced with cropped dinner jackets, bow-adorned shirts and more avant-guard suits.
Marni, Saint Laurent and Valentino are brands regularly worn on rotation. Having hit
the four-zero hallmark last year, Redmayne has entered the age-range with the sartorial
panache of a man with unapologetic confidence. And we like to see it.

Photo by Mike Marsland

“I see fully in colour, but probably how I see colours differs from how you see them,”
he explains. “It's one of the reasons, before having Harry as my stylist and when
my wife was very influential, that I have been known to choose outfits that I think
are quite a nice colour, but that end up being a complete catastrophe.”
Still, there’s no look that a beautiful timepiece couldn’t rectify. “What I love about the
Aqua Terra, is the simple classicism of its shape, but also that the colours give it vibrancy,
which means you can wear something quite classic, and it will do the talking for you.”

“With my dad, my visual memories as a kid were of seeing him with the watch and
taking it off before swimming; it was a very valued thing.”

“I'm very lucky to have a very beautiful collection of Omega watches and I just
hope that my son has the same wrist size, and if not…” he says with a chuckle.
Well, there’s always the Flik Flak.



GQ Australia interview by Jessica Montague:

“One of the wonders of our job is playing dress up. One of the reasons you get into acting
when you’re a kid is transforming and the theatre of it, I suppose. And I’ve always been
riveted by fashion … for all the years styling myself, you get to meet designers and see
the brilliance of what they do quite up close and personal.

And I always enjoyed doing that and I enjoyed being playful with it, but [now] I have
two children, I had a big press tour for The Good Nurse and I didn’t have enough time
to go and organise myself, but also I was beginning to go, ‘I want to enjoy the theatre
of it and I want to get a new set of eyes on that.’ And I’d seen Harry Lambert, who’s
my stylist, who worked with Josh O’Connor, who is one of my favourite actors and
Emma Corrin, and the work that he had done with them, I saw as so intriguing. There
was a classicism to it, it was playful, so I asked Harry if he’d be up for it and he was.”

“It was a passion project of mine (Cabaret). And interestingly, I think the reason that
Harry Lambert, who couldn’t have been more busy, was up for working with me.
His books were closed, but fortunately he’d seen and enjoyed Cabaret. 

That period, it was so intense. It was almost monastic I think, because it was
incredibly physical and vocally, you can’t go out, you can’t go to a restaurant,
you have to sleep in [and given] I had two young children, my wife was taking
the burden. It was incredibly rigorous... It felt like a marathon in some ways,
but it was also the most thrilling experience in my life.

This was a production that was very intimate and we did it straight out after
the embers of the pandemic, the end of it and you felt this need for people,
whether it was the actors or the audience, to have interaction and that level
of intimacy and it was astonishing to be a part of.”

“It’s been quite effortless really, in the sense that I will choose what to wear. And
I’m lucky that there is such a variety within what Omega does, that there’s always
something that seems to sing with what you’re wearing.”

“I have always been a watch man. My dad had an Omega De Ville—very beautiful,
very classic and he is an elegant man and it was very much a treasured thing.

So when I started wearing watches, that was what I was aspiring to I suppose.
But one of the joys I’ve found with Omega is that there is so much storytelling.
They have such a ripe history and one of the things about going [to Switzerland]
with them is seeing the intricacy of the craftsmanship involved in telling these stories.”

 "I quite like getting places early in order to be able to sit, relax, like at the theatre,
to enjoy the moment. I love having time to enjoy, to indulge in nothingness.”

"...I've always preferred the proportion of scaled watches and it's one of the reasons
I love this new Aqua Terra range. It instantly felt like a good fit. But interestingly,
my wife loves wearing the men's watches. She loves wearing them as
a piece of jewellery, like a bangle almost.”

About playing James Bond: "... you know what your boundaries are.
And I love James Bond, but I'd much rather watch someone else.”




Omega Watches - Surrounded by colour, brand ambassadors Zoë Kravitz,
Zhou Dongyu and Eddie Redmayne ignite their personal style.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation