Wednesday, March 14, 2018

His battle has ended - R.I.P. Stephen Hawking


Stephen Hawking has died this morning at the age of 76, after battling MND (ALS) for over 50 years.
His family said in a statement: ''We are deeply saddened that our beloved father passed away today. 
He was a great scientist and an extraordinary man whose work and legacy will live on for many years. 
His courage and persistence with his brilliance and humour inspired people across the world. 
He once said, 'It would not be much of a universe if it wasn't home to the people you love.'''(x)

“We have lost a truly beautiful mind, an astonishing scientist and the funniest
man I have ever had the pleasure to meet,” Eddie Redmayne told in a statement.
“My love and thoughts are with his extraordinary family.” (x)




Stephen Hawking's Most Memorable Quotes About Space, Physics
& Theory Of Everything | TIME

Stephen Hawking: "I don't have much positive to say about motor neuron disease, but
it taught me not to pity myself because others were worse off, and to get on with what
I still could do. I am happier now than before I developed the condition." (x)

"If we ever do find a complete theory of the universe, it would be a great triumph of
human reason but it wouldn't leave much for us to do. We need an intellectual challenge."

"One of the basic rules of the universe is that nothing is perfect. Perfection simply
doesn’t exist. Without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist."
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation