Thursday, April 7, 2022

Live with Kelly and Ryan interview

Eddie was on Live with Kelly and Ryan in New York City Wednesday morning.


Eddie Redmayne is ready for his interview! (x)


"There was a moment this year where I felt like as a dad, who played a wizard, I could
try and get some brownie points," he begins. "I gave Iris, my daughter, Newt's wand.
Which I thought was pretty exciting, and she's like 'Okay, thanks Dad.'...
I came back an hour later and she covered the thing in tinfoil, she'd made a little star
and made a fairy wand. And she's like, 'Now this is a wand,' " Redmayne says with
a laugh." (That) slightly undermined my brownie points."


Eddie recounted that his son Luke asked him if he was a real-life wizard.
"You have that sort of moral dilemma, like do I lie to my child? I find myself stuck
in the middle and he's like, 'No, you're either a wizard or you're not.' So I said 'Yeah
I am a wizard' and I did some sort of trick with a coin, the one magic trick I could do."
And he's like, 'That's not the kind of stuff you can do in the (Fantastic Beasts) trailer.
In the trailer, you can make stuff explode.' So I think he told his friends at school and
they asked me to do some of the stuff in the trailer and it was a bit of a letdown."

(via)
A New still from Cabaret appeared on screen when they talked about the show
and Eddie's Olivier Awards nomination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation