Sunday, October 30, 2022

Sunday Today with Willie Geist (NBC 23rd October)

Via Willie Geist on Twitter

Willie Geist sits down with Eddie to talk about his gradual rise to fame, the whirlwind experience
of winning an Oscar for his performance in “The Theory of Everything,” and his new role
in the Netflix film “The Good Nurse.” (x)

Via Willie Geist on Twitter

"I don't come from a family who were massive theater fans or film or music fans,"
he told Geist. For some reason, the actor said he had "an instinct" for the craft.

"I loved music and singing and acting at school," he said. "To my parents' credit,
which now as a parent myself I really do hold high, anything I had an interest in
or my brothers had an interest in, they supported."



'For his current role in "The Good Nurse," he got inside the head of real-life serial killer
Charles Cullen, a nurse who investigators estimate was responsible for the deaths
of around 400 of his patients over the course of 16 years in hospitals across New Jersey
and Pennsylvania. His crimes were discovered by a fellow nurse, played by Chastain.
Redmayne said that he didn't try method acting in the role, mainly for the sake of his
family. "I have a six-year-old and a four-year-old and for the sake of my wife's sanity,
staying in Charlie Cullen would not have been enjoyable for anyone," he laughed.'















My screenshots from the video above

Listen to the full conversation on the Sunday Sitdown podcast!



"I love what I do, and you don't take it for granted, because it's a wonderful existence."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation