Friday, February 24, 2017

Eddie Redmayne speaks up for Mousetrap charity

This promo film was specially made for the charity and shown in London Picturehouse Cinemas before 
Eddie’s film Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them. Visit www.mousetrap.org.uk to find out more
The video was released on Youtube last November, but so much happened then, somehow I missed it.


"Since I was a kid, I've been truly captivated by that mystery, and that feeling of something magical about to happen, and that love of live theatre has never left me. And that is why I'm a patron of Mousetrap theatre projects. A charity that takes disadvantaged young people and those with special needs to the theatre, opening that magical world to them..."

Eddie about his life-changing theatre experience as a kid: 
'I was taken by my Mum aged about 10 to see A Midsummer Night's Dream at the National Theatre. The Robert Lepage production was all set in a muddy swamp with the lovers romping around in the sludge. Timothy Spall was playing Bottom and the most staggering contortionist was playing Puck. I remember so vividly that moment when Bottom was 'transformed'- Puck (Angela Laurier) leapt on to Bottom's back and the actresses feet became Bottom's donkey ears- alive twitching and full of character. I was transfixed. After the play, Mum and I went on the 'National Behind the scenes' tour and got to handle the props and see the costume store... I was completely mesmerized. 
That was the moment I got the bug.' (x)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation