Monday, August 20, 2018

Comic Con 2018 - FBTCoG press conference

Eddie Redmayne, Alison Sudol, Dan Fogler, Katherine Waterston, Ezra Miller,
Callum Turner, Claudia, Kim, Zoë Kravitz and Jude Law were present in
The international press conference at Comic Con in San Diego, 
Hilton Bayfront, Sapphire AB, July 21 2018

"Eddie: "There's nothing more joyous, than arriving on one of these sets. It feels 
like imagination on steroids. You're kind of, you're allowed the freedom to play 
within an already insanely imaginative world with creatives to a play, who've 
given free rein to play at the top of their game. And for all of us coming back, we 
had the most wonderful time in the first film, and I love David Yates for hiring 
such a wonderful band of people for the next film, because it is the actual joy, it's 
such fun to come to work, and there was never a day, when it felt anything lessen." 

The cast promoting the Fantastic Beasts sequel at Comic Con
photo via @/NYLON_IND on Twitter


Eddie: Katherine and I weren't invited to Hogwarts, so 
we stole in ourselves and took selfies, illegal selfies.
(I wish I could see them)

What would be Eddie's boggart? "I think rubbish trucks...you know they smell 
whatever, but when they go into London I should have to take a deep breath if I see 
one within my eyesight, and stop breathing out for like the next twenty minutes."


Eddie on Newt's costume: "And I think part of the thing is also the aging or changing 
aspect of it, but all of us coming back to the film was - you know there were certain 
things like clean up with the amazing costume designer. She and I tried various 
different outfits for Newt. We tried even - at the beginning of the film he's in the 
British Ministry - we tried putting him in a normal tie, we tried putting him into an... 
and some things just like woaaaa... we tried to experiment, experimenting with 
pushing Newt from that sihouette, and the end we decided to keep certain elements 
similar, and then put a shift of a sense of maturity. I think all of our characters did 
that. It was a really wonderful subtle thing trying the best."


Eddie on Newt and Dumbledore: Yeah, I love the relationship, that Jo has kind of 
sketched between us too, and it begins to get investigated in this film. One of the 
things I adore about Newt is, he's entirely his own person, and that is something, 
that I think when he's been taught by Dumbledore as a kid Dumbledore's really 
respected. And part of this film is sort of a master apprentice thing. Newt - as 
kind of get a glimpse of him in the new trailer - Dumbledore's always - he's a sly 
one - you know he was always kind of gently manipulating, and Newt kind of 
conscious of it, but he can't help but love him, and that sort of master apprentice 
slightly challenging, I mean it's all part of a bit. And I also have to say, I've been 
such a massive fan of Jude. I've known Jude for about 15 years, I have been one 
of the great joys of this, getting to work with that man..."

Eddie: Gosh! I try to think of one of the most enjoyable things, that we're allowed to talk about... I don't know if we're allowed to talk about it, but the niffler is back, as you saw in the trailer, but the niffler may have babies...that's the part, that I kind of - it's almost the most complicated part, because you're acting with nothing, or with tennis balls, or hacky sacks in that particular, but also it's so joyous, and it was also something I enjoyed much more on this film, because in the first film I was so worried about it, and actually it was from Dan Fogler, who - I remember Dan and I doing a scene in the case in the last film, and I've been working on exactly how these creatures moved...and Dan was like 'How big is it?' and did this kind of extraordinary round, was much more free, and improvising with it..."

(baby nifflers pic via @FBFilmSeries)


I couldn't find cast photo from the press conference, this pic is from a 
photoshoot at Comic Con via: newt-loves-tina.tumblr.com


Comic Con trailer reactions


Eddie really enjoys getting the chance to escape into a fantasy realm, 
especially the one created by Rowling. Visit the link below for a short audio.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation