Thursday, October 17, 2019

My First... Eddie Redmayne & Felicity Jones interview with British Vogue

Eddie Redmayne & Felicity Jones share their “firsts” – from kisses to hangovers – with
British Vogue. Discover more about Jones's teenage crush, Redmayne's first job serving
drinks to the cast of Hollyoaks, and his enduring penchant for Disney characters.




“Now I have a really crap memory, so - I don’t know if you were asking Felicity
this question as well - but she might come up with a different answer. It was either
at a mutual friend Polly Stranham’s house. And I remember going and having a
night out there, and I think I met Felicity there, but also then met at an audition…
and the director wanted to see if we had chemistry, so he just told us to stare at
each other, so we just stared at each other.for about an uncomfortable minute
and a half and I never got a callback. So I don’t think that went pretty well.”
- Eddie Redmayne about his first meeting with Felicity Jones



First hangover: "My friend & I stole a bottle of Jack Daniels & got very, very drunk.
My friend ended up being sick over the singles section in Our Price. Left him outside
his front door. I got home & fell asleep & woke up to a cracking hangover with my
mum screaming up the stairs, telling me that my friend’s mum was on the phone and
what had I done to her son."



Film you watched: "It remains one of my favourite films & I just showed it to my daughter
the other day & it was the Disney cartoon of Robin Hood. Still so brilliant. I love it."




I’ve made it moment: "I’d done a television series called Pillars of the Earth and
I came outside on Broadway between two shows and there was a massive poster
for Pillars of the Earth on Times Square. That felt like quite a big deal. Then
trying to do a sort of sly selfie of you in the foreground with the thing in the
background without anyone noticing that you’re taking a photo of yourself and
a big photo of yourself. But actually, I had so much spray tan on in that television
series that I don’t think I looked recognizable anyway."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation