Tuesday, May 19, 2020

New video - AFI Movie Club pick by Eddie


American Film Institute posted a video on social media with this caption:
“Today’s AFI Movie Club pick is one of the greatest epic films of all time
and we’re so happy to have an epic actor tell you all about it.”


Eddie Redmayne introduces the film REDS for AFI Movie Club
You can read more about it on broadwayworld.com here


"It was co-written, directed, and produced by Warren Beatty. It's an extraordinary vast
movie, one of the last films ever to have an intermission, but this epic has at its core
this really intricate, very beautiful love story. The performances are mind-blowing.
of course Warren Beatty. I'd sure to listen of for its score, which is partly written by
Stephen Sondheim. It's just beautiful. Anyway, you can go to afi.com to find more.
If you haven't seen the movie I hope you enjoy it and keep yourself safe. Bye.”
- Eddie Redmayne


Do you see the picture on the wall behind him? - Is this a painting by
Einar Wegener (Lili Elbe), whom Eddie played in The Danish Girl?


"Redmayne won't be nabbing any artwork from the production for himself, especially
if it's of himself. "I think it'd be a bit surreal to have paintings of me in Lili guise,"
says the Oscar winner. Instead, he'd prefer an original Einar landscape, which
surrounded him while shooting at The Royal Opera House in Copenhagen.
"Rather than being in a trailer, I was in a room by the Opera and the production
team has found some of Lili's paintings, from when she was living as Einar, that
were on my wall. It was amazing to have that as inspiration," says Redmayne.
Also on his wish list: "I'd love to own some of Gerda's real paintings of Lili, but
I think I'm probably behind the times! I should have invested early!"" (source: THR)

I wonder if it's one of those pictures, and Eddie bought it after the filming.
Or maybe Eddie painted it himself? Maybe he will tell us someday. 
" I did some drawings and a wee bit of painting to try to get what Einar’s, or
Lili when she was living as Einar, what her technique was." - he answered
to my question during The Danish Girl promo in 2015.

There's another interesting object behind Eddie on the left. 
I think it's an artwork by Esna Su. You find my related post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation