Thursday, June 11, 2020

Eddie spoke out against JK Rowling’s controversial tweets


He said in a statement provided to Variety: “Respect for transgender
people remains a cultural imperative, and over the years I have been
trying to constantly educate myself. This is an ongoing process. 
As someone who has worked with both J.K. Rowling and members of
the trans community, I wanted to make it absolutely clear where I stand.
I disagree with Jo’s comments. Trans women are women, trans men are
men and non-binary identities are valid. I would never want to speak
on behalf of the community but I do know that my dear transgender
friends and colleagues are tired of this constant questioning of their
identities, which all too often results in violence and abuse. They simply
want to live their lives peacefully, and it’s time to let them do so.”


I'm proud of Eddie. His statement is an example that your opinion can be told
graciously. I'm sick of the hater comments, they do more harm than good.
I think fear, revenge, jealousy, and hatred are the main catalysts of violence,
the real curses of our World. We all want respect, equality, peace, and love!
✌️❤️

2 comments:

  1. Eddie disagrees with J.K. Rowling, but this doesn't mean, that he thinks she's a bad person and stops respecting her. The hatred and cancel culture is awful. Get to know the different opinions. Your judgement cannot based on someone's gossip or some twisted comments on social media. Listen what this trans woman blogger says https://youtu.be/jyzZ3J6IG6s

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not good in compliments and sometimes I'm too critical, but I don't hate people. People have bad days and say bad things when they are upset. Was so that one of my favorite people blocked me. This was years ago, but still couldn't get over it. I'm sorry if I was a bit pushy, still couldn't tell her properly what I feel. Despite our conflict I didn't stop respecting her and appreciate her work. I know she doesn't believe me. but I was and will be loyal to her and always will be grateful for her previous kindness and support.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment can be published after moderation