Sunday, April 12, 2020

Eddie about New Orleans for 504LIFE



Eddie Redmayne talked about New Orleans

"I love New Orleans. I was lucky enough to make a movie there a few years ago
now, and I had one of the greatest experiences of my life. I love the people, who
are incredibly kind. I love the music, but I was so obsessed with food, and I will
never forget the beignets on a Saturday morning at Cafe du Monde, or the long
spiraling cue outside Port of Call on Esplanade, that was a cue for burger, which
was the greatest burger of my life. Many places in America claimed to have the
greatest burger in the World, but as far as I'm concerned, New Orleans wins.
Anyway, I'm thinking of you guys at this time of crisis all around the World.
504LIFE" 4/11/20 - SofaKingFest

  

Eddie spent some time in the city during the
filming of The Yellow Handkerchief in 2007.


Here's how he talked about his impression of the post-Katrina New Orleans
in his 2008 interview for New York Moves. “If you’re lucky enough to find
yourself in these places and to be able to go and see things, it’s great,... You
get an instant insight into the reality of these towns and cities and you’re not
just being a tourist... That city, I swear… it makes you think why every other
city in the world doesn’t take advice. [The people] seem to have taken this
tragedy and their strife from the other end. The drive and humor that comes
from it is a special thing.” 


Outtakes from the 2008 Richard Grasse photoshoot

Eddie Redmayne's video message
during the 504 LifeStream online charity fundraising event
hosted by Sofaking Fest on April 11, 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation